2018 Ohio Hoops Classic Rules & Information
1. All games will consist of (2) 20 minutes halves with a continuous clock. Clock will only stop during the final minute of each half and timeouts. Halftime will be three minutes.
2. Every team will receive (2) full time outs per half. No extra time outs for overtime.
3. First overtime period will be two minutes, each additional overtime after will be one minute. It is a continuous clock in overtime!
4. Admission: Adults $5.00 per day Students (K-12th) $3.00 per day
5. All teams are allowed (2) coaches in for free. All Others MUST pay! There will be a sign in sheet at each admission table for coaches to sign in.
6. 5/6th Grade Boys will be permitted to press in the 2nd half only! If a team establishes a 15 point lead. The team is no longer allowed to press untill lead falls to 14 or below.
6a. 3/4th Grade Boys will only be permitted to press in the final minute of each half.
7. All zones and presses are permitted.
8. Any player who receives two technical fouls in a game will be ejected from the game and not allowed to play in the following game.
9. Any Coach who receives two technical fouls in a game will be ejected from the game and will not be allowed to coach in the following game.
10. Any fan who is ejected from the game is not allowed back in for the day. 11. First team listed is the home team. Both teams are required to have a scorekeeper. Home team will keep the book and the visiting team will do the clock.
11. Official Schedule and Brackets will be posted at each gym. Please Check after each game.
12. All games will be played with a Women’s 28.5 Basketball (Junior High Ball). Warm Up basketballs are NOT provided.
13. Tournament Director has right to change game site or game time at his discretion. Tournament Director has right to remove any player, coach or fan who displays improper behavior.
14. If for any reason, including but not limited to power outages, tournament has to be canceled or cannot be completed, a $50.00 processing fee will be held to cover expenses, plus $25.00 per game played by your team.
Tie Breaking Procedures:
1. Head to Head if (2) teams are involved.
2. Points if (3) teams are involved. The maximum points a team can earn will be 13 points. To determine the seeding when (3) teams have the same record after completion of regular season, we must use the plus/minus formula. Only games involving those teams will be used.